Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Endless Space
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkedone02
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Endless Space Reply with quote

This game is an 4x Space game similar to Sins of the Solar Empire combined with Civilization 5 in a way, So I'm requesting unlimited Resources, instant constructions, instant research, god mode and others.
Geri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dust is stored as Float type value. Can be found in a few seconds. If you have dust, you don't need anything else. You can buy unlimited number of ships and buildings in one turn.

Researching goes quickly too, at least when you bother to have a few systems, but that's the goal of the game anyway.

EDIT:
If you want to find research, it's also Float. On the research panel, you can see how many research points do you have. If you want to get all research, do this:

1. Start a research that takes more than one turn.
2. Put all research in queue (LShift + click on the highest researches until everything is green).
3. Check your research points and scan for it in float.
4. Go to next turn, search for research point. Change it to 999999999.
5. Go to next turn and you get every technology.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Registered55
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks "Geri", research went great, got confused at first (i did research points (empire) but realized on my 3rd attempt)

thanks again,

left the dust (really effects the fun element for me, and i balanced how much research projects to give myself) LOL

this is one of those games where too much of something takes out the challenge, and without the challenge boredom kicks in quite quickly being that this is a turn based game.
markie123
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: table for above game Reply with quote

geri,recifense could u make a table with gm dust etc cheers guys
Registered55
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you do the research like geri said above, then your ships will be mega urban compared to AI, your ships can be 4000% superior to the AI's!

it's practically GM right?

and dust is very easy to find....
Geri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically if you have unlimited dust, something like god mode is completely useless, since you can build untlimited number of ships in every turn.

Not too interesting game though. Same as Master of Orion 3, but the battles are looking better. After seeing every ship and see like 10 battles, you will probably use Auto battle and it makes the whole game kinda boring.

So no, I don't plan to make cheat table for it, after one game in a middle sized galaxy, I was bored with it already. Checked the cool ships, saw the battles, nothing more to see here.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

Registered55
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree, there's just not enough, galaxy quite small too even on large (designed this way to reduce turn processing) and again multi-threading?

some of the elements of space empires 5 needs to be introduced (but designed better of course)

turn based games..... it's really hard for these types of games in todays markets.... there just so old, and they don't bring enough to the table (with a few rare exceptions like Civ5 of course)

i loved space empires 5 (but the games was to dam slow at processing NO MULTITHREADING)

but this one, i love the polish and stream line (especially considering how good it looks upon release) but it's just not got enough in it..... i too am finding myself getting bored.

maybe 12 years ago would of loved this game, maybe my own age is causing me to be biased, after all the older i get the more valuable my time becomes!!! LOL
Csimbi
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet, make Homeworld 3.
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering why is it that new turn based games are eating up the computer just the same way as old turn based games eaten up old computers. What's new? Super-intelligent AI? Hardly.

The basic idea of turn based games are not bad, but when turns start to take minutes, everyone is starting to get really frustrated with them.
As for Civ series, Civ1 was awesome in its time, Civ2 was awesome too, Civ3 is good, Civ4 not really good, Civ5 between average and crap.

darkedone02
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
I am wondering why is it that new turn based games are eating up the computer just the same way as old turn based games eaten up old computers. What's new? Super-intelligent AI? Hardly.

The basic idea of turn based games are not bad, but when turns start to take minutes, everyone is starting to get really frustrated with them.
As for Civ series, Civ1 was awesome in its time, Civ2 was awesome too, Civ3 is good, Civ4 not really good, Civ5 between average and crap.

sadly, I prefer Civilization 4 over 3 personally because Civ 4 has the best mods out there compared to Civ 5 and 3. People develop new mechanics in mods to make something new, just take a look at fall from heaven and it's mini-mods and rise of mankind.

Although I do agree with you that when turns take minutes or 3... I tend to just quit the whole damn game because I got tired of the game and how slow it becomes. Sadly Civ 4 is not multi-threaded supported.
Gniarf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
I am wondering why is it that new turn based games are eating up the computer just the same way as old turn based games eaten up old computers.
Because development time and costs are reduced by quick & dirty & super high level programming in languages that eat cycles to compensate for coder's inability (garbage collector, dynamic type checking, anyone?). For instance, this game uses lua. Some games are made by artists that are learning how to code -as in "don't know the while loop"-.
I digress, but some indie games are even entirely made in python/flash/java to make them portable; it might double their sales after all.

I don't know old games' development time, but if they are the same as today's games, I hope we at least have more content now.
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Civ4, one unit was just a small army and on higher difficulty, enemies had hundreds of units in just one city. The tons of unit movements have slowed down gameplay to the level that Civ4 was unplayable with large empires.
The map overview was also bad in my opinion.

This is kinda the same mistake that Endless Space is doing. Even on normal difficulty, the computer will have many fleets with tons of dreadnoughts. So you need to have MANY ships but you can put a very limited amount of ships into one fleet. Now you have to move multiple fleets but you have no option to properly group them. Then as a final annoyment, in one battle, a fleet is against a fleet, basically a few ships against a few ships and when 2 groups with 40-50 ships will fight, usually it goes like 4-5 ship goes to battle with 4-5 ships. Then again and again until one group is destroyed. Simply stupid. This makes battles very boring and long. It should be like 2 huge fleets, 50 vs 50 ships, the winning fleet is destroying the enemy ships once and for all.
With a decent star system and having enough research, you can build a few dreadnoughts in every turn. Put the game to hard difficulty and ships will come in swarms, making army management long and boring, making battles long and boring and on top of it, the AI will take it's sweet time to move all of it's miserable ships in every turn.

Master of Orion 3 at least offered automatic scouting, automatic colonization, here you have to do everything by yourself and when I put ships on defend, it seems to be totally useless. They will not attack intruders automatically so in every turn, I have to check my empire for intruders manually and order to attack any scout or invading fleet that I see on the map. All this trouble, considering that if you go to an enemy system, that system is blockaded but you can't set your ships to automatically attack the blockading fleet. So if you ignore intruders, they will disturb trading, but your ships will not do anything to stop them.

This is why I have stopped playing the game after a quick first game. I was thinking "let's try something bigger than normal size against 3 enemies", but then I realized that means more and more micro-management and the turns have just taken too long.

Most turn-based strategy games are failing when one turn takes up half an hour on your side, then you wait for 10 minutes until the AI is taking it's turn.

@Gniarf

It was a kinda rhetorical question. In the past, people were thinking that a few years later, turn based games will be faster and more enjoyable. Here we are now, crappy game developers are still using up as many resources as possible, making modern turn based games as slow as the old ones and still failing to introduce automatic management that was found in older games.

Actually many promising games have died only because of the programmers, even if the concept itself was good.

Registered55
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of the stuff you mention Geri is coming, the developers have already stated that many of the features will come about, but they needed feedback from a large group of users, hence the release of the game.

the amount of ships are too numerous given the limitations of the UI the player has to contend with (however the battle system (engine) probably can only handle so many without massive lag kicking in.... they don't want to alienate low end system users)

a lot of the auto system is weird or just lacking.... but this will definitely be added as time goes on (question is how to implement it, over on there forum users will help with this)

all in all, the developers will start getting to work to remedy some of these downfalls the game does have at the moment.... hopefully the developers will keep the patches coming (as did the developers of the game called "Star Ruler")

the next 3 patches will really show us if the games shortfalls will be addressed, or if the developers only wish to plug bugs and things.

i'm really hoping for the former, and also hoping that the overall costs of certain things will be increased (i too agree that there are far too many small groups of ships all over the place..... it maybe realistic, but in terms of gameplay and UI interface limitations that human players must contend with, it's an almost impossible annoyance that most will eventually succumb too)

Modding was always going to be heavily supported in this game, so that stuff should be finalized soon (isn't that's the reason why many gaming developers use things like XML and lua to help the modding community)

NOTE, i think developers are bound by targets, and finances (aren't we all), as much as i'm sure a developer would like to spend 3 weeks perfecting one section of his code to maximise it's CPU cycle performance, in reality it just can't be done.... not without devastating consequences

although all things being equal that's what Multithreading is for..... but there are only a small minority of individuals in the world that can program a large project like a PC game to be multithreaded, for most it's just too difficult, and could double (perhaps more) the developing time of a project!!!
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registered55 wrote:
a lot of the stuff you mention Geri is coming, the developers have already stated that many of the features will come about, but they needed feedback from a large group of users, hence the release of the game.

Yeah I don't want to ruin the optimistic attitude, hope you will like this game when they finish it someday, but for me, first impression is important so I will dump this game forever.

Csimbi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first game I feel sorry about. Gemini Wars shared the same fate... Could have been so much better...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: