Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

darksiders 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markie123
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: darksiders 2 Reply with quote

hi guys any chance of a table for above game ie gm money etc cheers
Lord Blade
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money's an 8 byte value. I found that rather easy.

I would like a table for health, wrath, exp, money and those trading tokens.
StupidDog
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edit* table wasn't fully working, being fixed now. Apologies to all.

Last edited by StupidDog on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
qwert2812
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ actually i'm just too lazy to say something
but it doesn't work for me, when I load it, most of the value are ????
StupidDog
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer, seems I screwed up somewhere, will check over it all in the morning but it seems that money/skill points are the only two working.

I *did* say I suck at pointers heh

Thanks for the reply letting me know Smile
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing first: I don't have the game and its requirements are wayyy to high for my current computer, so I'll just talk...
StupidDog wrote:
This is the first table I've uploaded, hope the pointers all stick and work ok. Apologies if it doesn't work for you, but im still learning
Congratulation for taking the leap of faith, I just looked at your table, and I'll give you some tips:

-Your money pointer has its base at 2ffcb3d0. That means that your base isn't static (ie: something like "file.exe_or_.dll"+01234567). If your base isn't static then don't even bother saving this pointer, it WILL NOT work when you restart the game (unless you have godly luck).

-Speaking of which, you should at least restart the game once and check your pointers before posting.

-Did you use the built-in pointerscanner or did you find those pointers the old way/manually (ex artmoner?)?
--If you did use the built-in tool, always tick the four top checkboxes (32 bit aligned, only paths with static address, etc. Start by searching for a level 4 or 5. Again I don't have the game and it might be a level 1 pointer, but that's very unlikely. And yes, looking for level 5-6 pointers takes a lot of time.
--If you did it manually, just forget it, it's much more tedious & slow than letting the tool do it for you.

StupidDog wrote:
Last version has had almost 15 downloads and no complaints so im going to go head and presume it works
Sorry to shoot you down there, but if the addresses were like in this version, then those 15 were just anonymous visitors that didn't bother registering to tell you it didn't work.
Resor12
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone add unlimited reaper mode ? Very Happy
phantom66
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"then those 15 were just anonymous visitors that didn't bother registering to tell you it didn't work"

Well i did register to tell u that it didnt work, for me atleast.
Everything looks ok but nothing happens in-game..

God i wish it would work looks great and the options are greater.
I hate those "infinite" trainers
StupidDog
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Gniarf wrote:
First thing first: I don't have the game and its requirements are wayyy to high for my current computer, so I'll just talk...
StupidDog wrote:
This is the first table I've uploaded, hope the pointers all stick and work ok. Apologies if it doesn't work for you, but im still learning
Congratulation for taking the leap of faith, I just looked at your table, and I'll give you some tips:

-Your money pointer has its base at 2ffcb3d0. That means that your base isn't static (ie: something like "file.exe_or_.dll"+01234567). If your base isn't static then don't even bother saving this pointer, it WILL NOT work when you restart the game (unless you have godly luck).

-Speaking of which, you should at least restart the game once and check your pointers before posting.

-Did you use the built-in pointerscanner or did you find those pointers the old way/manually (ex artmoner?)?
--If you did use the built-in tool, always tick the four top checkboxes (32 bit aligned, only paths with static address, etc. Start by searching for a level 4 or 5. Again I don't have the game and it might be a level 1 pointer, but that's very unlikely. And yes, looking for level 5-6 pointers takes a lot of time.
--If you did it manually, just forget it, it's much more tedious & slow than letting the tool do it for you.

StupidDog wrote:
Last version has had almost 15 downloads and no complaints so im going to go head and presume it works
Sorry to shoot you down there, but if the addresses were like in this version, then those 15 were just anonymous visitors that didn't bother registering to tell you it didn't work.

Thanks for the reply bud! also many thanks for taking the time to give me some tips, I don't like to ask normal (prefer to figure it out from reading) but I do screw up this pointer stuff pretty often.

I found the pointers by using the "find out what writes to this address" option, then using the best guess till I had one address left, I guess there was a pointer pointing to that address. I think after getting the gold address right I got cocky and didnt check for multi pointers, something I'll hopefully fix today Smile

Anyway, going to try and actually make this table work. I'm not going to be happy until I learned what I did wrong and fixed it! Very Happy

*edit* 6 options now working. I restarted the game a bunch of times, even restarted my machine and the values/pointers all stick properly.

Darksiders2.CT
 Description:
Darksiders 2 cheat engine table- almost fully working!

Download
 Filename:  Darksiders2.CT
 Filesize:  53.82 KB
 Downloaded:  4424 Time(s)

Gniarf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StupidDog wrote:
I do screw up this pointer stuff pretty often.
I'll help you fix that.

StupidDog wrote:
I found the pointers by using the "find out what writes to this address" option
Ah, so you had something like mov [register1+constant], register2 or the opposite (except for the float values). In that case there is something you need to try: replace ("assemble") this instruction by mov [register1+constant], ESP. Either it will crash the game, or you'll have a hell of a lot of ...whatever this cheat entry was.

StupidDog wrote:
Anyway, going to try and actually make this table work. I'm not going to be happy until I learned what I did wrong and fixed it!
Are you familiar with C/C++ ? If not what programing language(s) do you know? It might help me making the explanation shorter.

StupidDog wrote:
*edit* 6 options now working. I restarted the game a bunch of times, even restarted my machine and the values/pointers all stick properly.
I bet Gold/Money is amongst those...I'm completely stumped at the fact that is still works after reboot, but I'm sure time will prove me right: it cannot work for long !

Until then it is very interesting to note that:
Money is at [2ffcb3d0]+28
Skill pts are at [2ffcb3d0]+3C
In cheat engine, is XP's address very close to money's and skill pts's?
The day you will pointerscan money, you will be able to use the "Pointers must end with specific offsets": 28. That should speed up your search a bit.

Btw: an orange?
StupidDog
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here to make a quick post. Wanted to say thanks for taking the interest in helping someone out Smile I plan to learn as much as I can and hopefully put up as many tables of decent quality nice and fast. Seems I have some ways to go still though, but learning is fun.

As for programming languages, I don't know any :/ Although I can look at most codes and use logic to work out whats going on for the most part (simple stuff like registers and move commands). Other than that I understand the difference between intergers/floats and can work in hex or decimal. Anything I don't understand though, I normally go and google till I do.

Must admit, im kind of surprised the gold thing still works myself, but my only guess is because this is a port from a console, and consoles have fixed amounts of memory so that *might* have something to do with it.

Oh yeah, the orange lol. Im a moderator at isonews and have this thing about orange and oranges Smile Im under a different name here though.

Anyways, I got pulled into a bit of a crazy night out today so im only dropping by real quick. Won't be able to do much tonight but im looking forward to finishing and learning a few new things Smile

Thanks once again Gniarf, im quite buzzed I got someone with more experience and skill to help me out Smile
Gniarf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

StupidDog wrote:
Just here to make a quick post. Wanted to say thanks for taking the interest in helping someone out Smile I plan to learn as much as I can and hopefully put up as many tables of decent quality
Actually I help/teach people in the hope they'll do exactly what you will do.

StupidDog wrote:
Must admit, im kind of surprised the gold thing still works myself, but my only guess is because this is a port from a console, and consoles have fixed amounts of memory so that *might* have something to do with it.
I doubt it, you're mixing up memory quantity and memory position (also see the ASLR note at the bottom).

StupidDog wrote:
Oh yeah, the orange lol. I have this thing about orange and oranges
Ah I see, the ones you buy at U-Mart.

Ok, now let's go for the pointer explanation.
__When you write a game engine you don't know how many entities (enemies, destroyable objects, the player, his mount, anything that moves actually) there will be in a given level.
__If you knew how many there were, you could preallocate the memory they need in the .exe (for example: bytes 0x2000 to 0x2100 of the file would be used for entity 1).This is called static allocation. Since the whole .exe file is copy-pasted in memory when you launch it, the required memory would be allocated right at startup, and more importantly, at a fixed position: where_the_exe_is_loaded+0x2000 bytes, or "game.exe"+0x2000 in cheat engine notation. (Actually the 0x2000th file byte can become the "game.exe"+0x2234th byte, but it would always be 0x2234 no mater how many times you restart the exe, so let's skip PE loading).

__However I said you don't know the entity count, so you don't know how many bytes to allocate, thus you use the opposite of static allocation: dynamic allocation. When running, the games reads the entity count from the level file and says windows "Hey give me 0x100 bytes"(for entity 1) to which windows replies with "Ok take those 0x100 bytes at address 0x 10002000", the game then stores 0x10002000 in a list as the place where it can find the first entity's data (aka pointer to the first entity). Rinse and repeat for all other entities until you have populated your level.
__Thing is: you don't know the entity count, so you don't know the length of that list, thus you can't statically allocate it either! But you know there will only be one list. And you also know that a pointer takes 4 bytes (or 8 in 64 bit programs), so you can statically allocate memory for one pointer to [a list of pointers to entities].

Chronologically things happen that way:
-the user double clicks on the exe/shortcut
-the exe is copy-pasted into ram
-the game's code is started
-the game load its main menu and displays it
-the user plays with the menu and ends up asking to play level1
-the game opens /levels/level1.lev and reads entity count
-the games asks windows for 4*entity_count bytes, the memory for the entity list. Let's say that 4*entity_count=0x50.
-windows says "use those 0x50 bytes at 0x10000000"
-the game stores 0x10000000 at "game.exe"+0x2000, because the pointer to the list was allocated statically.
-the game asks for, and gets 0x100 bytes for the first entity. They are located at 0x10002000.
-second entity: 0x100 bytes 0x0301000.
-third entity: 0x100 bytes 0x10001100.
-player (4th entity): 0x250 bytes at 0x20001124.
-Of course all those addresses -except game.exe"+0x2000- are only valid until you restart the game (or until it says "I don't need the memory you gave me at 0x..."). When you restart the game, you'll get other numbers (due to ASLR).

Final memory layout (lines mark pointer relationships):
Code:

game.exe+0x2000 = 0x00402000 (the pointer to the list)
   ├─0x1000000 (the list, and also the pointer to the first entity)
   │  └─0x10002000 (1st entity data)
   │
   ├─0x1000004
   │  └─0x0301000 (2nd entity data)
   │
   ├─0x1000008
   │   └─10001100 (3rd entity data)
   │
   ├─0x100000c
   │   └─ 0x20001124 (player data)
   │     0x20001150 (player health !)
   │
   └─and more until 0x10000050...

In this example, the pointer path (or pointer in short) to/for the player's health is
+2c
+c
game.exe+0x2000
or [[game.exe+0x2000]+c]+2c . Which is only a level 2 pointer. Most games use much longer pointer paths but writing such example is tedious to write, read, and understand.

0x10002000 then 0x0301000, 0x10001100, and 0x20001124? Why not something contiguous?
It's called ASLR: Address Space Layout Randomization. Basically when windows gives memory to a program, it gives it at a randomly generated address. It makes good programmers, malware makers and crackers' life harder.

I hope my wall-o-text wasn't too obscure...

Last edited by Gniarf on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
adityadragoniyer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: the above table not working for me need help Reply with quote

Hello to all I used cheat engine once before for The Witcher 2
I wanted to some points in Darksiders 2 with no luck decided to search. I opened the correct process of the game and opened that table using CE it said some undefined lua error but the values showed up.
when I switched back to the game it didn't work please help.
Am I missing something here?
dxultimate
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@StupidDog: Your table is weird, it works randomly:D
For example, when i play this afternoon, boatman coin and wrath work; this evening, Bullets work.
In short, your table work the way it wants:lol:
toto621
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

first of all, thx for the codes, I may request a few more :
- A code to unlock the level 22 cap for first play (with NG+ you can go to lv30).
- A code to add the "Abyss Set" to the iventory (you need to be lv25+ to unlock full set and use it, that's why I request the previous code) with, if possible, auto-selection of the first free/empty inventory slot to avoid overwriting actual items in inventory. To "legit" unlock the full set, you must to incredibly useless and annoying side quests (relic quest, dead page book quest and crucible arena quest...well the last one is fun at least) and must play in NG+ mode to hit lv25+.

I request thoses two code because it's very annoying to restart a full play just for those two things.

Thx in advance,

Toto621
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: